In unit 3 I scored myself with physical (5), spiritual (6), and psychological (5). Today I would score myself with physical (5), spiritual (8), and psychological (8). I feel like all aspects of my health have benefited from this course. My physical health has not changed due two failed neck surgeries, which have made it difficult to be as active as I once was, yet I continue to get stronger. As the end of this term nears and my family begins to prepare for a great summer, many of my stressors already seem like distant memories which have definitely lightened my psychospiritual load.
2. Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
With regard to the physical aspects of my life, I continue an exercise routine under the direction of my neurosurgeon. Spiritually, I’m growing more every day. As I learn to “Let Go and Let God”, life’s trials don’t seem as troubling as they once did. I have learned to pick my battles and focus on the positive things in my life. Psychologically, I have been meditating more and have a definitely seen an improvement in my ability to focus.
3. Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
I have implemented all “plans of action” that I discussed in my unit 3 assessment. Although I feel that I have made progress toward flourishing in all aspects of my life, I still believe I have a long journey ahead of me. Exercise, prayer, and meditation have been my priority lately and have allowed me to feel centered and more energetic.
4. Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
My personal experience in this course has been a humbling learning experience. The most difficult part of this class was the resurfacing and opening old emotional wounds that I never thought I would have to face again. The most rewarding was realizing that there was hope that my mother and I will share a healthy relationship even after years of family dysfunction and a difficult childhood. I have definitely seen an improvement on how I view life as well as well as how I work toward my future. My goal from this day forward is to leave no room for negativity to enter my world. Even on the worst day when nothing seems to be going right, I will look around and find something positive. God is good and I have faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment