As I compare my frustration with the loving kindness exercises I found the subtle mind exercise so much easier. I was able to completely relax and transcend into another level of consciousness that I don’t think I have ever reached. When I began focusing on my breathing I was able to tune out the ticking of the fan, a lawnmower running outside my window, and even my 4 year old son snoring during his nap. My mind was EMPTY and it felt great. I came out of the exercise feeling so energized.
Personally when I’m lacking spiritually I find that my mental state is not what it should be and I’m often in a physiologic funk. Personally, each of these, spiritual, mental, and physical, all seem to feed off one another. There are days when I have all the energy in the world, my mind is clear, and I know that God is watching over me. Then there are those days when I barely have the energy to literally roll out of bed to face the day, and I am wonder what God’s plan is for me. Staying on a schedule also helps me stay focused. I have recently started reading “What a Husband Needs from his Wife: Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually” by Melanie Chitwood. This book has provided some great information and tools on how I can grow stronger in my spirituality all while maturing into the wife God wants me to be for my husband. Every time I open my bible and read just a few scriptures, I find myself overcome with peace; my worries seem to be less, and I can breathe as sigh of relief.
"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon- instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our window today."
~Dale Carnegie
No comments:
Post a Comment